Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Heritage Key

When I first arrived at Heritage Key I was in a room that had helpful tips on how to get started. If I was new to the virtual worlds then I would have definitely read most of them, however, I only read a few to see if I was missing out on anything.

The first thing I did was change my avatars outfit since it was terrible. I like how all you need to do is drag the item from the inventory onto your avatar as opposed to Second Life where you need to drag the box into a space.

After, I went to go find out how to get to King Tuts tomb. When I got there I got a notice on how the server has crashed and I need to log out. I tried logging in again, however the application froze and I had to quit. It kept saying how my system contains a graphic card that is unknown to them.

I was able to get everything working after a few tries, so I went on to continue exploring King Tuts area. There were a few tents that I passed by that were artifacts most likely being examined. Next, I waddled my way to his actual tomb to see what I will be doing soon. While in the tomb I went into a room with hieroglyphics and couldn't believe how real it looked. Once I was done looking around the tomb I went back outside to my hot air balloon..except I wasn't able to get in it since it was floating in the air.



3 comments:

  1. I struggled too to get everything underway with Heritage Key as well. I'm glad to hear that you got to make it into the tomb I wasn't even able to get there. I am really excited to finally be able to make it to the tomb and see how real everything looks like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get in the hot air balloon after either! I really like how you used the word "waddled." I do agree with you that putting on clothes is much more user friendly in Heritage Key

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rezzable will want to hear all of this...they changed the balloon ride once after I noted some early problems with it. It needs a rope-ladder so you can climb back up!

    In fact, all of the transportation is problematic. From any part of the simulation, you should be able to pick a destination and teleport to the others.

    "Waddled" is a great action verb. I call that the "default avatar walk" from SL--and it's the only one in HK for now.

    ReplyDelete